It is fairly straight forward of shooting 360°x180° spherical panorama in Mission Planner with either Pano-WP or Panorama mission. However, stitching photos together to share spherical panorama on internet could be a bit challenging and time consuming.
We share with you of using FREE Microsoft ICE 2.0 (Image Composite Editor) to stitch photos together by a few simple steps in 2-3 minutes. It's assumed you have installed the Microsoft ICE 2.0 and required components.
• Open ICE 2.0 and Select "New Panorama From Images" button, then select photos shot by Mission Planner.
• Keep "Simple panorama" and "Auto-detect" (by default) in IMPORT step, then click NEXT button. It will take 1-2 minutes to process and stitch photos together.
• Keep "Spherical" (by default) in STITCH step, then click NEXT button. It will take less than 1 minute to process.
• Click "Auto complete" in CROP step to straighten the panorama by filling pixels automatically. This is a very handy feature, and it will take less than 1 minute to process. You might need to crop top/bottom manually if "Auto complete" couldn't completely straighten it up or leave it as is if you don't mind.
There are plenty of panorama sites hosting spherical panorama, and a few are listed below for your easy reference. However, you may need to add a upper margin (a fake sky or black/white bar) maintaining 2:1 aspect ratio.
- www.360cities.net (sample as Gold Coast Yacht Club)