Some menu items are only available (with indication) on particular flight modes.
- Aircraft Type: Select the correct aircraft type automatically upon connecting to DJI drones via USB cable or Wi-Fi. If you need offline mission planning, you may select the proper aircraft type of Inspire 1 (Pro/Raw), Phantom 3 (Pro/Adv/Standard/4K), Phantom 4 (Pro), Mavic Pro, Inspire 2, Matrice/100/600 (Pro), A3, N3 from the list.
- iCloud Sync: (Mission Planner & 3D Model): Please refer to iCloud Sync section for details.
- Measurement Unit: Toggle unit of measure between Metric and Imperial. After changing the unit, you need to close the app and re-open it to take effect.
- Battery Meter (Camera & FPV Goggles): Toggle On/Off Battery Meter to display estimated remaining flight time 99:99 (XX%) based on custom battery warning % level.
- Battery Consumption (Camera): Toggle On/Off Battery Consumption to show/hide real-time mAh/km (Metric) or mAh/mi (Imperial) in Battery Meter upon takeoff for optimizing economy cruise speed. It's similar to fuel economy (such as MPG or Litres/100km) of a car. The lower the value, the better battery consumption economy. When hovering with zero travel distance, battery consumption is the worst 9999 mAh/km.
This is designed for those long range junkie who need to fly the longest range per battery and squeeze all the performance of their gears. Experienced pilots know maximum pitch forward joystick (the highest speed) might not be the best battery economy, especially in windy condition.
- Show Elevation (Mission Planner & 3D Model): Refer to Terrain Elevation for details.
- Show Height (Mission Planner & 3D Model): Toggle to show/hide the height of both waypoints and targets on the map. This is very handy for planning various height of waypoint missions. Occasionally, you might want to turn this off if the map is too crowded.
- Show Distance (Mission Planner & 3D Model): Show/hide distance between the followings.
Selected waypoint and the previous waypoint
Selected waypoint and the next waypoint
Selected waypoint and the focusing (Heading) target (Target-WP only)
- Auto Recording: It starts/stops video recording automatically when turning on/off motor. This is a handy feature to avoid forgetting start/stop video during takeoff/landing. Anyhow, you can always start/stop video recording manually or shoot photos regardless Auto Recording option.
- Grid (Camera & Mission Planner): Show/hide grid lines (Disable, Grid or Grid + Diagonals) for assisting photo/video shooting.
- Video Hardware Decoder: Enable/disable using GPU hardware decoding.
- Return-To-Home Altitude: Adjust Return-To-Home altitude in failsafe mode or Initial Height in Setup tab. You are required to connect the aircraft for changing this value.
- Bandwidth: 4 Mbps, 6 Mbps, 8 Mbps, 10 Mbps
- Channel: Auto (by default) option selects channel 13 to 20 automatically within 2.4 GHz ISM band. You are recommended to use Auto option. If you want to select Channel 13..20 manually, please check with your local authority regarding permitted radio frequency. You are required to connect the aircraft for changing this value.
- Button Customization (C1 Click, C1 Long Press, 5D Click, 5D Long Press, 5D Down, 5D Up, 5D Left, 5D Right): Camera Forward/Down, Gimbal Follow/FPV, Gimbal Pitch/Yaw, Mission Pause/Resume, Aspect Ratio 4:3/16:9, Center Focus, Home Lock, Course Lock, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Portrait/Landscape, AE Lock/Unlock, Show/Hide Mission Panel, Show/Hide Custom Telemetry, Show/Hide Settings Menu (same as long press C2), Video/Photo Mode, Infinity Focus
- Layout (Camera): Configurable display of navigation map of Side-by-Side or P-in-P mode.
- C2 Button (Camera): Toggle between Side-by-Side and 2 views of P-in-P by a single click with both hands staying on remote controller.
- Pilot Wand: Toggle On/Off to show/hide pilot wand with different color for current signal strength (strong>weak, green>yellow>orange>red). This is a very handy feature specially for long range flyers with directional antenna modded to keep their antenna aiming right at their aircraft precisely. It's also useful to show direct return path of aircraft when it's beyond VLOS.
- Combine Home/Pilot Point: For Wi-Fi only (non-GPS) iPad, Pilot point is usually inaccurate. This option allows you to relocate Pilot point to Home point on the map. It's suggested to enable this option if you are using Wi-Fi only iPad.
- Map Type: Change of different map type (Normal, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain). Please make sure you cache the same map type. In Satellite view, waypoint GPS coordinate (especially high altitude objects, such as a tall building) might be slightly off due to Satellite view in Google Map is shot from an angle. You are recommended to verify the exact location with Hybrid or Normal map type.
Zoom Level (Camera): Adjust the auto-zoom level to ensure Home, Pilot, Phantom indicators fitting well in Navigation Map per your preferred zoom scale.
Map Transparent (Camera): Adjust Navigation Map transparent scale for P-in-P layout.
- Refer to Custom Telemetry section for details
- Low Battery: Display “Low Battery” message and “beep” sound to remind battery dropping below custom level (Disable, 20%-40%).
- Critical Battery: Display “Low Battery” message and “beep” sound to remind battery dropping below custom level (Disable, 20%-40%).
- RC Signal: Display “RC Signal weak” message when the RC signal dropping below custom level (Disable, 10-90).
- HD Signal: Display “HD Signal weak” message when the RC signal dropping below custom level (Disable, 10-90).
- Pilot/Home Distance: Display “Exceeding Pilot/Home Distance” message when Home and Pilot exceeding the custom defined distance (Disable, 10m-200m). In general, the distance between Home and Pilot should not be too far away. In case of the Home point is set to somewhere far away from Pilot, it may imply incorrect GPS location of Home/Pilot.
- Satellite: Display “Insufficient Satellite” message when the number of satellites dropping below custom level (Disable, 6-9).
- Speed: Display “Speeding” message when the aircraft flying faster than the custom speed limit (Disable, 39.6, 43.2, 46.8, 50.4, 54.0, 57.6, 61.2, 64.8 km/h).
- Weak Battery: Display “Weak Battery cell#9, 9.999V, 999mV lower” when any battery cell has lower voltage than other cells more than custom level (Disable, 20mV, 40mV, 60mV, 80mV, 100mV, 150mV, 200mV). In normal circumstances, healthy (balanced) intelligent batteries should not have more than 100mV (by default) variation between battery cells with normal loading when aircraft in the air. You may adjust the sensitivity or disable it.
When aircraft in the air with normal/heavy loading (~10A-20A current) is easier to trigger such Weak Battery warning than aircraft on the ground with light loading (~1A current). If this warning flashes a short period of time during takeoff or rapid ascending, you can then safely ignore it. If this message keeps flashing during flight, you may need to pay attention to this battery. You may also verify battery voltage with DJI GO > Aircraft Battery with loading when aircraft hovering in the air.
- Camera Mode: Toggle shooting Photo or Video. When it's under Video mode, Aspect Ratio is switched to 16:9 automatically.
- Control Mode: Auto, Manual, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority
Most of the latest DJI platforms (including Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, X4S, X5S) equip with adjustable focus cameras. However, 99% of outdoor aerial video/photo shots are with infinity focus and it's hard to tap/set AF or Center Focus in low light condition. Thus, infinity focus is the most common setting for drones.
- Auto Focus: Automatically invoke Center Focus or Infinity Focus upon Start App, Takeoff or Start Mission. You are recommended to set Infinity Focus upon Start App for mostly outdoor flight.
- Focus Lock: When you Tap Focus AF, it locks the focus at the current AF distance to avoid focus shift during flight until you Tap Focus again and lock at another AF distance. Focus shift issue is more likely to happen on Mavic than the others.
- Focus Assistant: Show/hide red outlines indicating focused subjects.
- Infinity Focus Calibration: This is a prerequisite in order to activate Infinity Focus. Infinity Focus is stored in the app automatically once it's calibrated. You do NOT need to calibrate it every flight, though you can re-calibrate it at any time you like with steps below.
- Tap Focus AF (near center) to focus on far subjects >20m/66ft apart.
- Ensure proper focusing on far subjects, with aid of Focus Assistant if necessary.
- Run this Infinity Focus Calibration command and a pop-up message "The current focus is set as Infinity Focus" will be shown.
The following Photo and Video settings are depending on your aircraft/camera platform. Most of unsupported options will not be available upon connecting the app to the aircraft.
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 or 4:3 screen aspect ratio. 4:3 is only effective for Photo mode
- Photo Mode: Single, HDR, Burst-3/5/7/10/14, AEB-3/5, Timed Shot (2s/3s/5s/7s/10s/20s/30s).
- White Balance: Auto, Sunny, Cloudy, Water Surface, Incandescent, Fluorescent
- Exposure: Center, Average, Point
- EV (+/-): 5.0, 4.7, 4.3, 4.0, 3.7, 3.3, 3.0, 2.7, 2.3, 2.0, 1.7, 1.3, 1.0, 0.7, 0.3, 0
- Photo Size: Normal, Good, Excellent
- Aperture: f/1.7, f/1.8, f/2, f/2.2, f/2.5, f/2.8, f/3.2, f/3.5, f/4, f/4.5, f/5, f/5.6, f/6.3, f/7.1, f/8, f/9, f/10, f/11, f/13, f/14, f/16, f/18, f/20, f/22
- Shutter: 1/8000, 1/6400, 1/5000, 1/4000, 1/3200, 1/2500, 1/2000, 1/1600, 1/1250, 1/1000, 1/800, 1/640, 1/500, 1/400, 1/320, 1/240, 1/200, 1/160, 1/120, 1/100, 1/80, 1/60, 1/50, 1/40, 1/30, 1/25, 1/20, 1/15, 1/12.5, 1/10, 1/8, 1/6.25/ 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2.5, 1/2, 1/1.67, 1/1.25, 1.0, 1.3, 1.6, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.2, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10, 13, 15, 20, 25, 30
- ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600
- Photo Format: RAW, JPEG, J+R
- Sharpness: Standard, Hard, Soft
- Contrast: Standard, Hard, Soft
- Anti Flicker: Auto, 60Hz, 50Hz
- Video Storage Format: MOV, MP4
- Recording Resolution: 720p, 1080p, 2.7K, 2160p, 4K (24/25/30/48/50/60/120), 1080p (24/25/30/48/50/60/120)
- Video Standard: PAL, NTSC
- White Balance: Same above
- Exposure: Same above
- EV (+/-): Same above
- Shutter: Same above
- ISO: Same above
Gimbal (Camera & FPV Goggles)
- Gimbal Roll Adjustment: Select gimbal adjustment type of Disable/Auto/Manual. "Auto" means to check and adjust gimbal leveling every 2 seconds. "Manual" means to adjust and save gimbal roll angle per "Manual Gimbal Roll" setting below, which is similar to "Adjust Gimbal Roll" in DJI GO/Pilot app.
- Gimbal Speed: Adjust slider to control gimbal dial speed.
- Manual Gimbal Roll: Adjust gimbal roll manually with 0.1° precision. Sometimes it's hard to adjust 0.1° with touchscreen slider, you may use right-dial (Camera Settings Dial) for tiny adjustment.
- Please refer to Goggles Settings (FPV Goggles) section for details.