For flying a mission, you are recommended to follow the preparation and procedure sections below. In case you want to abort a mission (or cancel RTH) at any given time to take over control, you can perform the following actions.
- Phantom 3 and Inspire 1: Flip F-mode > P-mode on RC
- Phantom 4, Mavic and Inspire 2: Flip P-mode > S-mode (or flip back to P-mode) or Pause button on RC
- Verify your DJI drones installing supported firmware with Intelligent Flight Modes support per Requirements.
- Enable "Multiple Flight Modes" option in DJI GO | Main Controller Settings menu, if you haven't done so.
- Verify "Set Max Flight Altitude" in DJI GO | Main Controller Settings higher than all waypoints.
- Disable "Enable Max Distance" option in DJI GO | Main Controller Settings.
- FPV Camera does NOT require DJI GO app running in the background. You are recommended to shutdown (double-click home button and swipe out) DJI GO before power on aircraft to avoid conflict.
Procedure to Fly a mission
- Power on your aircraft and RC, then open FPV Camera and Mission Planner. You should see FPV video feed on small window.
- Ensure selecting the correct Aircraft Type under Settings menu, while you might own and fly multiple DJI drones (such as P3, P4 or I1) with the same iOS device.
- Open a planned mission and check all details in Review tab, especially the estimated battery consumption against the actual battery level.
- Tap ">" to Fly tab and switch to F-mode (P3/I1) or P-mode (P4/Mavic/I2), and let aircraft IMU warm up a few minutes for more accurate height.
- Optional but recommended step: Take off manually (by CSC) to a safety height and verify the aircraft operating properly.
- Tap "Start" button to popup a checklist with "Do you want to continue?" message, then tap "Yes" to upload and start the mission. The aircraft will take off automatically, if it hasn't taken off yet.
• Start - Prepare a checklist to upload and start a mission. It will change from F-GPS to F-WP (P3/I1) or GPS to WP (P4/Mavic/I2) mode upon starting a mission.
- Check Initial Height to avoid obstacle between the current position and the first waypoint.
- Check RTH Height to avoid obstacle between the last waypoint and home point.
- Check estimated battery consumption against current battery level.
- You are prompted "Do you want to continue? No/Yes". Tap "Yes" to upload the mission and start autonomous waypoints flight.
- If there is any error uploading the mission, you will need to rectify the issues and start over again.
• Stop - Abort the mission and prompt "Mission Stopped" message. Aircraft is hovering to let pilots take over control.
• Resume - Resume a paused mission and prompt "Mission Resumed" message.
• Pause - Pause a mission and prompt "Mission Paused" message.
• Auto-Tilt - Control gimbal tilting automatically to aim specified target (based on target height) per each waypoint in real-time. This powerful feature keeps your targets right at the center of your footage even with some very difficult footage. This option is only available in Target-WP mission.
• Auto-Tilt Offset - Aircraft height (altimeter) may easily vary 15-20m (50-66ft) off the actual height, or users might misjudge target height. Auto-Tilt Offset allows you to adjust camera tilting in real-time of maximum +/-10° to compensate aforementioned discrepancy. This option is only available in Target-WP mission.
• You may toggle the map view and FPV by tapping on the small window or clicking C2 button on RC. Every time when you toggle the view, the map will perform auto-zoom once automatically to maintain all targets and waypoints staying in the map area. You may further zoom/pan the map as required on both main screen or small window.